About the Program
Your future is as meaningful to us as it is to you
The world is going fully digital and IT skills have become important for the future of work. The bank is on a mission to harness and build the next generation of doers who will challenge the status quo through their curiosity, tenacity and ever budding imagination. Participants will learn from experts and gain real-world experiences and skills on different IT/Digital courses in order to build a progressive career in the banking industry.
Access Bank is partnering with Udacity to pioneer a fully digital program that aims at sourcing for exceptional youths across Africa. The objective is to find young people who are interested in taking advantage of this opportunity in order hone their skills in digital paths and achieve mastery and at the same time have the opportunity to learn and earn for free. Participants will be part of a tech-focused community and will build their network with other young inspiring youths across Africa with the same goal.
The entire program is designed for youths to learn and carry out innovative projects that brings solution to real-world problems that will enable them to level up their skills, earn badges/nanodegrees and be ready for the future of work!
- STEM graduate or demonstrated evidence of strong interest in pursuing IT and Digital career (supporting documents must be submitted during application)
- Consistent access to a laptop
- Consistent access to strong data network and power supply
- Commitment to the time required for the program
- Must give pre-consent during application for Udacity to share data with the bank
- Applicants must be between 20 - 30 years
- Self-Predictive Journey - Successful applicants are given the opportunity to embark on a self-predictive journey in order to explore the various tracks and discover their potentials. Participants who successfully complete the course are awarded a badge that can displayed on LinkedIn and other social media apps to upgrade their profiles. (Duration: 2 months)
- Level 1 - The first level of virtual training commences with successful participants from the self-predictive journey. All participants are enrolled in a digital track to complete a foundational nanodegree (Duration: 2 months)
- Level 2 - Top participants from the previous level are given the opportunity to complete intermediate and foundational nanodegrees (Duration: 6 months)
Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn
the skills they need, to land the jobs they
want, to build the lives they deserve.
Our mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading technology companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, and teach the critical tech skills that companies are looking for in their workforce. With our powerful and flexible digital education platform, even the busiest learners can prepare themselves to take on the most in-demand tech roles.
Explore the Tracks
Your future is as meaningful to us as it is to you
Cloud development is the foundation for the new world of software development. Learn how to build and deploy production-ready full stack apps
Learn how to build high quality and dynamic applications
Learn how to build high quality websites and create stunning user experiences for the web
Get the right foundation needed to achieve any business objective
Frequently Asked Questions
your questions answered
Do I need to know how to code/have a tech background?
No, you do not need to know how to code/have a tech background. The program will commence at a foundational level.
Who Can Register for the “Advance Africa” Program?
STEM graduates and other young graduates with a strong interest in pursuing a career in IT & Digital roles who have consistent access to a laptop, strong data network and power supply can register for the program
I do not have a computer science or STEM background. Can I apply?
Yes, you can apply if you are interested in building a career in digital roles
Will all participants be hired after completing the program?
Participants successful after all assessments and program completion will have an opportunity to be selected for permanent roles.
Is The Training Virtual?
Yes, the training is virtual although successful participants may be required to have hands-on training with the bank after completion of all courses.
Is There a Certificate Given at The End of the Training & Program?
Applicants earn a badge after successful completion of the self-predictive journey and participants who complete the courses earn Nanodegrees. (A Nanodegree is a short program averaging 3 months combining instructional teaching and real world projects and immersive content)
What is the Self-Predictive Journey?
Applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements will go through a detailed evaluation method that uses a rubric comprising of course text, hackathons, webinars, content & quizzes in order to determine applicants with a high likelihood of completing the full program
What is the Program Duration?
The entire program requires about 10-12 months’ minimum completion time. Applicants must be willing to commit two months to complete the challenge course and another two months for the initial training phase. Only successful candidates at the first training phase will get a spot on the second training phase.